Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Another adventure in job hunting

I called the employment office about a "field interviewer" position. It was conducting face to face interviews in peoples homes for a research project. Very little information. Nights and weekends. Part time. Something I would be totally qualified to do with a masters degree and ten years of research experience.
They gave me an online site that was through an employment agency. So, I logged on to apply. Turns out the job is a "drug use" study, and for $14-$17/hr they wanted you to go into bad neighborhoods and "randomly" knock on peoples doors, get yourself invited in to do an hour interview, and then give the people cash.

I didn't meet the minimum qualifications for the job because I wasn't willing to go door-to-door willy nilly. I'd assumed they'd be scheduling the interviews.
The most disturbing part was the screening question about past criminal activity. You only got knocked out if you'd had a moving violation within 3 years, a DUII within 2 years, or a felony within 7 years!!!!!!
Another reason not to ever let strangers into your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment